Internet Safety Tips
Although the Internet is a fun and great way to explore, there are bad people out there who want to take advantage of you children. Here are some tips for smart surfing when using the internet.
1. Be very careful when using the internet. Users may not be who they say they are.
2. Make up nicknames when using the internet.
3. Do NOT give your name or personal information when using public chat rooms, or on an electronic bulletin board or in your E-mail message.
4. Do NOT send anyone you don't know a picture of yourself.
5. Do NOT call anyone you meet through the Internet.
6. Do NOT respond to messages or items that are nude, mean or threatening, and make sure you tell an adult if that happens.
7. Do NOT give out any passwords. People who work for the Internet do NOT ask for your password.
8. Please understand that everything you read or see on the Internet may not be true.
9. Do NOT allow anyone to pressure you into something you are uncomfortable with.
10. NEVER arrange a person to person meeting with any other person without a parent's permission and knowledge.
11. Always discuss the using the internet with your parents. They need to know how you use the internet so they can help protect you.